— BBGLOW treatment
$190 one session 40-45 min or package of 3 treatments $550
BB glow was the most hyped up treatment a few years ago, and it’s still a sought-after facial. It’s a treatment that combines the effects of permanent makeup with micro/nanoneedling to recreate the look of foundation.
Therefore, it’s also dubbed semi permanent foundation.
BBGlow after care
- Don’t touch your face for a few days
- Keep your face dry for at least 24 hours (no washing, but also no sweating)
- After 24 hours, wash your face with lukewarm water and mild soap for a few days (avoid harsh products)
- No swimming for 7 days
- No makeup for at least 2 day
- No sunlight exposure for a few days; after that, wear SPF when you’re outside
- No facials and harsh skincare for at least 2 weeks
- No vitamin C or retinol for at least 8 weeks (these can speed up pigment fading)
Preparing to BBGlow treatment
Preparing to BBGlow treatment is required to ensure the skin has retained the pigment and/or to insert additional strokes for a fuller look. BBGlow treatment doesn’t require any complicated preparation, but here’s what you should do:
- Discontinue use of Retinol, Retin A, or Vitamin A for 5 days before the treatment.
- If you take any acne or blood-thinning medication, consult your doctor and see if it’s possible to discontinue use for some time before the treatment.
- Do a patch test.
— How Long Do the Effects of a BB Glow Last?
The longevity of the BB glow results is 4-8 months, depending primarily on how many sessions you got in the series – the more sessions, the longer they’ll last. They may even last out longer.
The pigments implemented are supposed to stay very close to the surface of the skin, and fade away after some time. The body breaks them down and extracts them, but the skin’s natural turnover cycle also greatly contributes to the fading.
The longevity also depends on your skincare routine. If you often use anti-aging or chemical peel products, or do mechanical peels often, the results can disappear faster.
If you want to refresh the results, get a maintenance session every 4-5 months.